This articel is tell us how to make iOS4 (ipod/iphone operating system) work with Ubuntu through the Rhythmbox, This how to has been tested using a ipod touch 3rd gen running iOS 4.0 Dont be put off by the size of the how to. It may seem long because I have outlined every step to make it as easy for everyone as possible. Mention some notes bellow before you do the action.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet
- Don't have any ipods/iphones connected while doing this how to.
- Best to bookmark this page as you will need to restart your computer during the how to.
Here are step by step how to make your ipod and Iphone works with Ubuntu
- Open up the Synaptic Package Manager (System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager)
- Go to the Repositories (Under Settings)
- Add this source - ppa:pmcenery/ppa
- Click Close and then click the 'Reload' button at the top left of the Synaptic Package Manager
- After it's finished reloading search for - libimobiledevice1
- You will see two package in the list, install both of them
- Now click the 'mark all upgrades' button and click 'mark' when the popup appears then click the 'Apply' button of the Synaptic Package Manager. Here some library need to upgrade : gvfs, gvfs-backends, gvfs-bin, gvfs-fuse, libgpod-common, libgpod4, libplist1, libusbmuxd1, usbmuxd.
- The software packages will then be downloaded and installed.
- Restart your computer and login back in.
The 1st time you connect you ipod/iphone/ipad with rhythmbox open it will unmount. Just close rhythmbox then disconnect and reconnect you ipod/iphone. You should now see your ipod/iphone/ipad listed under Devices in rhythmbox.
Notes - Always best not to have rhythmbox open before you connect your ipod/iphone/ipad Rhythmbox is only supported, rhythmbox may say the songs are transferred but the 'Sync in Progress' is usually shown on the ipod/iphone/ipad after so just wait till you no longer see this displayed.
For a more detailed how to, see hee - http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=53489
This post made by referencing askubuntu question about How to sync ipod and iphone with Ubuntu.