LibreOffice 3.6 has been released few days ago, but unfortunately it doesn't come to Ubuntu repository yet. Alternatively, if you can't wait for Ubuntu repository to update LibreOffice, you can use the official LibreOffice PPA to install the latest version.
So, what's new on LibreOffice 3.6? Below are some of them:
- Support for color scales and data bars. Import from .xlsx and import/export from/to .ods in ODF 1.2 (extended). Warning: Some limitations still apply which will be fixed in 3.7.0
- Added Word Count to status bar.
- PDF Export with Watermark option.
- 10 new Impress master pages
- Support for importing Office SmartArt
- Import Filter for Corel Draw documents
Install LibreOffice 3.6 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin
Ubuntu users can install LibreOffice 3.6 easily by adding its official PPA. If you have added it, you can achieve the latest LibreOffice release by simply running a system update.
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install libreoffice libreoffice-gnome