Ubuntu Tweak 0.6 (Stable) has been released with a brand new interface and features. It comes with many old features too, but the application and source center is removed because they cause many problems to the system. Here’s the noteworthy highlights of Ubuntu Tweak 0.6.0:
- Brand new UI and interaction focus on better looking and easy to use
- Supports the latest Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot and well integrated with system
- Every part of Ubuntu Tweak is plug-able, this make Ubuntu Tweak more powerful then ever before
- Janitor keeps your system clean
- Overview makes you know your system better
As Ubuntu Tweak 0.6 supports the latest Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot, it can tweak many GNOME 3 and Unity settings such as changing visual style, icon, cursor, and windows theme. It can also tweak the behavior of Unity such as launcher icon size, launcher opacity, etc.
And the killer feature of Ubuntu Tweak 0.6 is so-called Janitor with a more easy to use interface and powerful clean feature than the old one. Janitor will scan the cruft, after you double check the items you don’t need, select and click the “Clean”. Everything will get out of your system.
Install Ubuntu Tweak 0.6 on Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot
The new Ubuntu Tweak 0.6 can only be installed on the latest Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot. Please enter the following command on Terminal to install it:
If you don't want to add such a PPA repository, you can download it manually from Launchpad.
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tualatrix/ppa
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak
Let's rock with Ubuntu.