Ubuntu has a default CD burning program called Brasero. But for my DVD productions, I changed Brasero for K3B. I found that K3B is faster and more reliable. K3B is same with Brasero, a CD burning program. Now I want to show you how to install K3B and how to burn an ISO image to DVD with K3B. I use external DVD writer to do it.
|K3B In Action|
How To Install K3B
By GUI, you can search k3b in Ubuntu Software Center.
|Install K3B via Ubuntu Software Center|
sudo apt-get install k3b
How To Burn ISO
- Open K3B.
- Open menu > Tools > Burn Image.
- In the new Window, select your iso by clicking the folder icon.
- Select the burn speed. It is better to select lower speed to decrease the burning failure risk.
- If all options are OK, click Start button. The burning progress will appear in new window.
- When burning is finished, the window will show Success message. Then check your finished DVD now.
|Burn as Image, not as Data|
|Select Your ISO|