ProZilla is my favourite download accelerator for couple years. It has a simple text user interface so it doesn't eat much memory to operate. Using Prozilla is very simple, all you need to do is input a download followed by the download's URL and the application will start working. Prozilla claims that it can boost download speed up to 300% faster than normal download rate of some programs. It divides the program into small pieces, and then completes multiple connections in search of the pieces. Prozilla will make use of the full bandwidth of your Internet connection.
Main Prozilla features:
- Use ncurse as its interface, so it won't eat much memory.
- Support multiple connection
- Support HTTP and FTP protocol
- Support pause and resume download (if supported by the server)
- Ability to search the fastest download location for FTP download
- Many program options which let us do set the count of connections, transfer rate limit, and more!
Install Prozilla on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail
Well, I maintain a PPA for ProZilla, so Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail users can install ProZilla easily by executing the following command:
Once installed, you can use ProZilla by typing "proz [download_url]" on Terminal. If you need more information about how to use it, please refer to its manual, "man proz".
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tahutek-team/prozilla
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install prozilla