Hello everybody, today I'd like to write a post about a brand new screencasting software called Vokoscreen. Vokoscreen can be used to create how to videos to improve understanding of visitors. As we all know, there are many Linux tutorial videos published on YouTube, so if you want to create such videos, you might want to give Vokoscreen a try, although there are some Linux software who can do that for you like Kazam and Record-My-Desktop.
- Multilingual interface: en, de, fr, it, sp, sv, and nl (automatically selected from system locale)
- Start, Stop, Pause, Play function
- Full screen, window or selection area recording
- Webcam recognition
- Hotkey features
- Zoom function
- Support for avi and mkv format.
- MPEG4 and H.264 compression
- Set the frame rate
- Images can be viewed immediately.
- Indicator application support, so it can be controlled from application icon.
- Sound: alsa and pulse. Devices are automatically detected
- Sample rate of the microphone is automatically detected
- Sound sources can be mixed
- Pointer can be hidden
- Ubuntu package available for both 32bit and 64bit
Well, it has been said that Vokoscreen provides package for Ubuntu. So, you can install it easily by adding its official PPA:
Other Linux distributions can take a look at Vokoscreen Github repository for further information.
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:vokoscreen-dev/vokoscreen
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install vokoscreen
Need a demo result? Watch it on YouTube!