hi everyone, Is you have lost a root password ?
as in the previous today we will show you some ubuntu old trick which can be use when you lose ubuntu root (administrator) password. The following steps also can be used to reset user (non-root) password, but of course you do not need to do this way because you can do simply command passwd through root to reset it, as follows :
Some basic knowledge that you may know, among others :
- # passwd
then enter new password.
- Grub (GNU GRand Unified Bootloader) is small application that embedded in MBR which allow us to select multiple bootloader in one PC.
- /bin/bash is a place of bash execution file store.
- /etc/shadow is a file configuration where all password is store (encrypted), you can only modify it trough root.
- /etc/passwd is a text file, that contains a list of the system's accounts, giving for each account some useful information like user ID, group ID, home directory, shell, etc.
- whoami is linux command to know if you're logged in using which user.
- mount is linux basic command to mounting a file system.