The Blender Fondation has launched new Blender 2.57 Stable. Based on their statement, this stable release is based on more than 1000 fixes and features completed/updated, changes made since Blender 2.5 BETA.
Here they are, what's new in Blender 2.57 Stable :
- A new awesome clearer GUI layout with a new icon set
- A new file browser
- Blender 2.53's Python scripts are named "Add-ons" now (you can enable and disable it individually)
- Drawing and editing performance have been increased significantly (as a result of sculpt mode being optimized)
- SVG Vector Graphics import
- Many more..
Blender 2.57 Support this Following Platform :
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7 (32, 64 bits)
- Mac OS X (PPC and Intel 32.64 bits)
- Linux (x86 32/64 bits)
- FreeBSD (AMD/Intel 64 bits)
Download and Install :
Blender 2.57 is the latest release from the Blender Foundation. You can taste it by download and install via self package installer here, otherways you can install Blender 2.57 via apt-get install or Synaptics Package Manager. do step below to Install Blender 2.57 Stable via apt-get using PPA repository, this repository can be use in Ubuntu Karmic, Lucid, Maverick and Natty Narwhal.
Hope that it's work well on you, Discover the wide toolset available in Blender, for available features and gallery can be find in http://www.blender.org/features-gallery/.sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cheleb/blender-svnsudo apt-get updatesudo apt-get install blender
See also : OpenSource distributed rendering engine for blender here.