In our latest article about Cinnamon, we told about tweaking. Now, we will give a basic guide about how to use Nemo. It is a file manager, a central part of Cinnamon Desktop and therefore a central too for Linux Mint (or any distro using it). You will learn basic actions in Nemo just like using Windows Explorer or Mac OS X Finder. FYI, Nemo may installed on Ubuntu if you dislike to use Nautilus (Ubuntu file manager). Enjoy.
2. Toolbar (back, forward, up, reload, home, my computer).
3. Address bar.
4. Toolbar (address toggle, new folder, search).
5. View buttons (icons, compact, details).
6. Left panel (My Computer, Devices, Network).
7. Main area.
8. Bottom toolbar (Folder View, Tree View, Hide Left Panel).
9. Status bar.
10. Zoom slider.
- Nemo has same concepts in usage compared to Windows Explorer. But Nemo has same concept in visual appearance compared to Mac OS X Finder.
- Differences with Explorer, Nemo has Folder View default appearance in Left Panel. This is visually similar with Finder. You must enable Tree View if you want something like Explorer left panel.