Manokwari is a desktop environment from Blankon Linux. Manokwari is a lightweight desktop with unique user interface. It is suitable for old computers. This article will tell you how to use Manokwari for daily purpose. I use Blankon 9 Suroboyo for this article.
- Desktop shortcut area.
- System tray.
- Manokwari has GNOME 3 basic layout. You find only top panel (contains menu, taskbar, and system tray).
- Manokwari has its own desktop shortcut system, very different with Windows.
- Manokwari has its own menu, very different with Windows even with GNOME 3 itself.
Work With Workspace
- Keyboard input controller (SCIM). Manokwari has it to switch between Indonesian regional input systems.
- Network manager. You connect to a network by this.
- Sound indicator. You control sound volume by this.
- Battery indicator. If you are using laptop, it will represent your battery power.
- Time and calendar.
- Workspace switcher. If you want to switch between desktops.