Webilder is an application which delivers stunning wallpapers to Linux desktop. It can display wallpaper directly from Flickr and Webshots, photos are automatically downloaded to computer and change wallpaper every few minutes. Webilder uses keyword (tags) to watch for wallpapers from Flickr, and if you have Webshots account, it will download wallpaper from your account too.
- downloads the most interesting photos from Flickr.
- view Webshots photos on your Linux desktop (requires Webshots account).
- downloads Flickr photos that match tags (for example: beach,party)
- downloads photos from Flickr users of your choice.
- automatically downloads new photos for you every day.
- change your wallpaper every few minutes.
- import webshots collections (wbz or wbc formats).
- supports GNOME 3, GNOME 2, KDE 3, XFCE, and Compiz wallpaper settings
Install Webilder on Ubuntu
To install this application on Ubuntu, you have to download its *.deb installer here. Once downloaded, simply type the following command to install:
- sudo dpkg -i webilder_0.7.2-1_all.deb
- sudo apt-get -f install
Once installed, please logout or restart your computer. Once you are logged in, click Webilde icon on Indicator Applet and select "Preferences".
Here you can set wallpaper rotation behavior, Flickr and Webshots settings, and desktop environment you use.