HjSplit is such impressive program which lets us to split and join some part of movie that you downloaded, HjSplit give solution to size of file to be upload on the free online storage which applies limitation on file to be uploaded. HjSplit make the way of sharing (download/upload) movie easier. Previously i use HjSplit on windows and eventually HjSplit come to linux which available in application that write in Lazarus and write in java.
Following steps to install HjSplit 3.x on Ubuntu / Linux :
- HjSpit require kylix library to run, before you install HjSplit better if you complate you system with kylix library. To install the kylix library on ubuntu, you can download the source here http://www.freebyte.com/linux/libraries/ (tar.gz).
- Unpack the source you have downloaded, enter the folder, and install kylix library using command "./install.sh" on your terminal.
- Next step, download HjSplit that run for linux (http://www.treepad.net/download/hjsplitlx.tar.gz) then unpack the source.
- Run the HjSplit by open the HJSplitLX file (HJSplitLX located inside of folder).
First time before running a hjsplit, you will need to add this to you .bashrc and/or .bash_profile
Install HjSplit Java version in Ubuntu
HjSplit also available in java, if you have any difficulties doing some action above, you can try other solution to install HjSplit (java version) in your ubuntu :
- First step, Make sure that the Java run time environment is installed or install it by typing the following command in your Terminal :
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre
- Download HjSplit Java Version (http://www.freebyte.com/download/hjsplit/hjsplit_g.jar).
- Make some directory named hjSplit and place the file that you downloaded there, * as example we make it on /home/admin/hjsplit.
- Running HjSplit by following command :
cd /home/admin/hjsplit/ && java -jar hjsplit_g.jar
- All done