After Nemo and Nautilus, now we bring you Thunar. It is one of the simplest file manager (graphical) available in Linux. Simple means Thunar is easy to use. We will cover some important features of Thunar. We hope it helps new users into Xubuntu or any XFCE based Linux distro.
- Toolbar (back, forward, up, home).
- Address bar.
- Left panel (devices, places, and network).
- Main area.
- Status bar.
- Thunar created to be simple. So it is simple both in appearance and number of features.
- Thunar shares similar visual concept with Nautilus and Mac OS X Finder, especially its left panel.
- Thunar has no Ctrl+F (Search Files) feature.
- Thunar has no split view just like current Nautilus.