Below are some Netbeans 7.3 changes and improvements related to web application development (server side and client side) :
- Page inspector and visual CSS style editor
- Embedded WebKit browser; deep integration with Chrome
- Parsers for Namespaced Annotations (Symfony 2, Doctrine 2, etc.)
- Basic Composer Integration (Dependency Manager for PHP)
- Twig Code Completion (with documentation)
- Smarty Braces Matching for Related Tags
- Smarty Parser Errors of Unmatched Tags
As far as I know, there is no Netbeans package on Ubuntu. So, you have to download Netbeans 7.3 installer from its website. Don't worry, Netbeans installer comes with GUI installation wizard, so you won't find any difficulties on installing it. Please download Netbeans 7.3 installer here. Once downloaded run the following command to start the installation wizard.
Netbeans 7.3 installation wizard will start, all you need to do is follow on-screen instruction to get everything done.
- sh netbeans-7.3-php-linux.sh
Sit back and relax while the wizard install Netbeans 7.3 on your computer. Netbeans 7.3 can import settings from older version of Netbeans including project listings, application settings, and installed plugins. So there is no need to worry about reinstall all plugins or find your projects one by one.