Ubuntu Tweak is an "integrated" application which provides graphical user interface to tweak and configure Ubuntu environment. The latest version of Ubuntu Tweak 0.8.0 brings back the app functionality which was taken out in the previous version of Ubuntu Tweak. The Ubuntu Tweak's App functionality allows us to install many applications which are not available in official Ubuntu repository such as Google Chrome, Netbeans, Opera, and many proprietary software such as Google Earth, Sublime Text, PlayOnLinux and more!
Ubuntu Tweak 0.8.0 release notes:
Overview of Changes
- New web based Apps feature to let you install latest apps easily
- Always keep up-to-date (need Internet connection)
- In the same interface, you can manage the app and source
- List of new apps recently added
- Fix misspelled item "Shortcut hits overlay:"
- Janitor preparation to remove kernels results in crash of Ubuntu Tweak
- Scripts bugs image convert if file has some spaces
Simply install it from its PPA, and you will get the latest version of Ubuntu Tweak:
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tualatrix/ppa
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak