flareGet claims that it is the best download manager for Linux. It's lightweight, fast, full-featured and multi-segment download manager. Because of its multi-segment feature, flareGet will make the download faster than using single-segment connection.
flareGet key features:
- Amazingly Fast Downloads: flareGet uses dynamic file segmentation algorithm to increase the download speed.
- Absolutely Free and 100% Clean: Although flareGet is a closed source software, it can be used freely with no charge, no ads, and no spyware.
- Multi-Protocol Support: flareGet supports HTTP, HTTPS and FTP protocols to let you download files from internet. It also supports pipeling for HTTP and HTTPS protocols.
- Intelligent File Management: The downloaded files will be categorized based on their file extension and grouped into separate folders (just like IDM does).
- Ubuntu application indicator support.
Installing flareGet on Ubuntu
Download the binary archive here. Once downloaded, extract the archive and install the appropriate *.deb package according to your system architecture (32bit or 64bit).
You're done! flareGet can be accessed from the menu.