In order to load Linux operating system on computer, we need a bootloader. Bootloader also can help us to load to one of many operating systems on computer. We can choose to load Windows, Ubuntu, Fedora, and so on. GRUB is a default bootloader for many versions of Ubuntu. GRUB can crash and you might not be able to load any operating system. In case, you have common GRUB problem, please use Boot Repair to fix that.
- Repair the boot when an OS does not boot any more (eg. after installing Windows)
- Repair the boot when access to GRUB and any OS is lost (eg. "GRUB rescue" error)
- Allow to reinstall GRUB bootloader easily
- Allow to generate a generic MBR compatible with Windows XP/Vista/Seven/Windows8
How can I fix boot problem if I can't load my operating system?
Fortunately, Boot Repair can be used and installed from any type of session (normal session, or live-CD, or live-USB), so you can run an Ubuntu LiveCD and run the following command:
Boot Repair is available for Ubuntu Lucid, Oneiric, Precise, Quantal, and the upcoming Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail.
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yannubuntu/boot-repair
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install boot-repair