Here are some of the main features about Nokuntu explained in detail
- Connect the phone via USB and use Nautilus file manager to brows the memory cards installed and copy/move/delete files.
- If you want to access the phone's chip, then you'll have to install another graphic frond-end which is built for communicating using the "OBEX" protocol.
- You can import your back-up contacts in the Phone and use them under Evolution e-mail client.
- Receive/Send files via Bluetooth.
- Connect to Internet using the built in modem.
- Displays battery charging level.
- Backup your SMS messages
- Install Java applications.
- Compose and send messages.
- Add off-line maps.
- Use the mobile phone's camera for capturing and storing videos directly to the PC/Laptop.
As explained above for the best usage of Nokuntu make sure to install the OBEX protocol frond-end called obextool. You can install the obextool in Ubuntu by entering the below command in your GNU/Linux Terminal window.
To install Nokuntu via PPA add the following PPA to your distribution
- $ sudo apt-get install obextool
Update your apt repositories
- $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:upubuntu-com/mobile
Now you are ready to install Nokuntu on your Ubuntu machine.
- $ sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install nokuntusp
Please note that Nokuntu project is currently not under development and may not support newer Nokia Devices.