PhotoFilmStrip is an application which allows us to create movies out of our pictures in just 3 easy steps. Just select the photos, customize motion path, render the video, and PhotoFilmStrip will do the rest. PhotoFilmStrip can produce several video outputs for VCD, SVCD, DVD up to FULL-HD.
- Simple user interaface:
- The user interface is kept simple, to let the user do the important things - customizing the slideshow.
- On the left hand side the user can set the motion start point. The motion end point can set up on the right hand side. In the center you can see tool buttons that gives acces to convenience functions to customize the motion path.
- In the lower area are listed all used pictures in a real filmstrip. This list supports images to be inserted, removed and moved.
- Above the filmstrip are the settings for the currently selected picture.
- Picture comments are generate into subtitle file
- Video output: AVI (XVid, MJPEG), FLV
- special feature is Full-HD resolution and MPEG4 output
- background music for the slideshow
- automatic detection of picture rotation (extracted from EXIF)
- Picture effects like "black and white" and sepia
- Quality settings for each output renderer
- command line interface for batch processing
PhotoFilmStrip can be installed by downloading its *.deb package here. Once downloaded, run the following command to install it:
PhotoFilmStrip has a simple GUI, so I think it's easy to get started with it. If you find any difficulties, please take a look at this video:
- sudo dpkg -i photofilmstrip_XXX_all.deb
- sudo apt-get -f install