Cairo Dock is an dock bar application which brings animated and beautiful app launcher to your desktop. It can run on GNOME, KDE, and XFCE desktop environment.
Cairo Dock as known as GLX Dock now get the latest version 3.0 which brings a lot of enhancements and many bug fixes:
- The taskbar has been greatly enhanced.
- The Log out applet has been rewritten, now allowing you to switch users.
- The control of the dock from the keyboard is now very powerful:
- many shortkeys have been added in several applets.
- you can activate a launcher by pressing a shortkey + its number.
- all shortkeys can now be managed in a single place in the configuration window.
- The Sound Menu from Ubuntu has been integrated into the Sound-Control applet.
- A new Twitter applet lets you tweet in one click.
- A new applet to inhibit the screensaver in one click.
- Separators are transparent to click in 'Panel' mode.
- Cairo-Dock now uses GTK3, for a better integration in a Gnome desktop.
- Few additions to the DBus API.
- Text drawing (e.g. with Clock) has been improved.
- Icons from user icons theme are now loaded with the right size.
- The new default theme with a panel is now included in the core package.
- It's possible to donate to support the project!
To see the new features and changes on Cairo Dock 3.0, please take a look at this demo video:
Install Cairo Dock 3.0 on Ubuntu
Ubuntu users can install the latest version of Cairo Dock by adding its PPA:
For other Linux distributions, please refer to this documentation.
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cairo-dock-team
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins