Good news for Cinnamon users! Cinnamon 1.3 has been released. This major update brings many improvements, new features and bug fixes. Below is a brief overview of the new features and major improvemets.
Now, every component on Cinnamon panel is an applet. So, you can remove it, add third party applets or drag and re-arrange it to fit your need.
A lot of new features come to Cinnamon settings which let you to customize not only Cinnamon preferences, but also fonts, desktop icons, cursor theme, gtk themes, etc. It gained ne graphical user interface too that makes it more simple and without using more screen estate.
Cinnamon menu gained the following improvements:
- New hover delay preference
- Better icon sizes (crispier icons)
- Fixed menu size when the number of favorites is high
- More exhaustive search results
- Panel launchers can now be re-ordered by drag & drop
- Improved visuals in the default theme
- Workspace navigation is now possible in scale mode (note that we’re still planning an Expo mode)
- Multiple bug fixes
Ubuntu users can "taste" Cinnamon on his/her desktop by typing the following command:
Once installed, there will be a new option called "Cinnamon" in login window, select it and give the new version of Cinnamon a try.
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:merlwiz79/cinnamon-ppa
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install cinnamon
via: Linux Mint