AwOken is alternative icon set that created by alecive, if you have known Faenza Icon Set, this icon set is no different from it, AwOken giving alternative appearance of some icon that exist in ubuntu. AwOken Icon Set has come to version 2.3, following this to install AwOken Icon set 2.3 in Ubuntu 11.10.
|AwOken Icon Set 2.3|
As installing any ubuntu application using PPA, you can also install AwOken Icon Set via PPA, this PPA is provide the latest version of AwOken which is maintain by alecive it self. Add following PPA to Install AwOken Icon Set 2.3 in Ubuntu 11.10 (or less).
AwOken Icon Set 2.3 was contain several changes, to find out what changed that has happened, use following command to configure/re-configure AwOken (at least once the icon set either for clear version, or dark version, or even a colored one).
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alecive/antigone
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install awoken-icon-theme
Install AwOken Icon Set 2.3 Manually
You can also download AwOken Icon Set 2.3 and install it manually to Ubuntu, here step by step get manual installation of AwOken Icon Set 2.3 in Ubuntu 11.10.
- Download the Icons here, then extract the file.
- Move the folders called AwOken, AwOkenDark, and AwOkenWhite in your .icons folder (located in /home/<username>/.icons).
- cd ~/.icon
- sudo cp -p AwOken/awoken-icon-theme-customization /usr/bin
- sudo cp -p AwOken/awoken-icon-theme-customization-clear /usr/bin
- sudo cp -p AwOkenDark/awoken-icon-theme-customization-dark /usr/bin
- sudo cp -p AwOkenWhite/awoken-icon-theme-customization-white /usr/bin