Blender is professional Open Source 3D modelling suit that's runs in Ubuntu (which also available for windows), yesterday October 19th, 2011 The Blender Foundation and online developer community release Blender version 2.60, what changes inside ?
|Blender 2.60 Splash Screen|
Blender 2.60 come with numerous changes since its version 2.59, here some of feature you can find in Blender 2.60 taken from its official website "
- Blender 2.60 allow us to place speaker objects in the scene, make an animation and mix down to an audio file.
- Blender 2.60 Includes several changes to the graph editor, dopesheet editor, NLA editor, curves, drivers, constraints, and posing.
- Vertex group modifiers has been added. There are three modifiers can be chosen : one to edit existing vertex groups, one to mix groups together, and another to generate vertex groups based on proximity to other objects
- Blender 2.60 now support non-English language (eg : Chinese)
- And some some great features else
Install/Upgrade to Blender 2.60a in Ubuntu via PPA
Yesterday October 24th 2011, Blender 2.60 has updated to Blender 2.60a that includes several bugfixes of Blender 2.60, see Blender 2.60a changelog here http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/changelog_260a
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cheleb/blender-svn
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install blender